Thanksgiving: Pilgrims, Turkey, Family…and Trademarks?
It’s Thanksgiving and, like many Americans, your Turkey Day will likely be filled with family, lots- no, too much!- food, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and football. These are not only traditions for many Americans but they also are the subjects of Thanksgiving-themed trademark registrations or applications. Between gorging yourself on Aunt Linda’s famous pie or pretending to laugh at same jokes that Uncle Steve tells every year, enjoy this list of inspired Thanksgiving trademarks. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may you and your families have a safe and wonderful holiday!
• MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE: entertainment services, namely, organizing and conducting a parade
• THANKSGIVING PANTS: pajama bottoms; pajamas (thank you, Joey Tribbiani and Friends!)
• AMERICA’S THANKSGIVING PARADE: organizing community festivals, namely, parades
• FAT PILGRIM: retail and wholesale store featuring a wide variety of consumer goods of others
• THE THANKSGIVING BOX OF QUESTIONS: boxed question and answer parlor game
• THANKSGIVING DAY DINNER: dog food
• PILGRIM’S DOLE: beer
• THANKSGIVING: wines and sparkling wines
• TOFURKY: foods, namely, soy and wheat based meat and game substitutes
• THANKSGIVING POINT: restaurant services; catering
• SAN FRANCISCO TURKEY TROT: entertainment services, namely, organizing, operating and conducting sporting events in the nature of footraces
• THANKSGIVING BALLS: prepared entrees consisting primarily of mashed potatoes with turkey meat and stuffing that is breaded and fried
• TURKEY TESTICLE FESTIVAL: arranging parties for others having a Thanksgiving theme
• PUMPKIN PIE: pipe tobacco; molasses tobacco; tobacco; smoking tobacco; flavored tobacco; tobacco substitute, namely, herbal molasses
• PILGRIM’S: poultry products • WHERE EVERY DAY’S THANKSGIVING: restaurant
• PIGSKINS AND TURKEYS: charitable services, namely, coordination of the procurement and distribution of food donations and sporting goods donations directly to needy families or indirectly through other not-for-profit organizations.
And hailing from Louisiana like the legendary chef who is credited with inventing the bird-within-a-bird-within-a-bird creation, this is my favorite:
• TURDUCKEN: combination turkey, duck and chicken entrée for consumption on or off the premises
We hope you enjoyed this post on Thanksgiving Trademarks!
About the Firm:
Klemchuk LLP is a litigation, intellectual property, transactional, and international business law firm dedicated to protecting innovation. The firm provides tailored legal solutions to industries including software, technology, retail, real estate, consumer goods, ecommerce, telecommunications, restaurant, energy, media, and professional services. The firm focuses on serving mid-market companies seeking long-term, value-added relationships with a law firm. Learn more about experiencing law practiced differently and our local counsel practice.
The firm publishes Intellectual Property Trends (latest developments in IP law), Conversations with Innovators (interviews with thought leaders), Leaders in Law (insights from law leaders), Culture Counts (thoughts on law firm culture and business), and Legal Insights (in-depth analysis of IP, litigation, and transactional law).